We want to ensure that every member gets to enjoy the benefits of the club gym – it is everyone’s responsibility to assist in making that happen. In order to facilitate this, we would ask that you comply with the following:
· Remain aware of the most up to date guidance as set out at any time.
· Do not visit the gym if you are showing any symptoms of Covid-19 or live with anyone showing symptoms or who has the virus.
· Follow the social distancing guidelines at all times while in the gym.
· Wash or sanitise your hands thoroughly on entering the gym and regularly while in the gym.
· Wipe down kit once you have used it with the cleaning products provided.
· Please ensure adequate ventilation while using the gym – open the doors and window ensuring they are closed when you are leaving if the gym is vacated.
· There is a maximum of 6 adults allowed to use the gym at any one time.
No one can use the gym without having an approved gym programme reviewed by the club’s Lead S&C Co-ordinator.
· By accessing the gym and using the gym equipment members are deemed to have read and understood the terms and conditions of membership and have dealt with their club membership fee appropriately.
· The club will issue an access card to each person. This card must be used as a method of entry for all visits. It may not be passed on to anyone else – misuse of your access card will result in permanent revocation of any access rights to the gym.
· Member’s access and member usage is monitored by CCTV to ensure the safety and security of everyone.
· Use of the Gym involves physical exercise, sport, and recreational activities which can be dangerous and may cause injury. Members’ use of the Gym is voluntary. Members voluntarily assume all risks of injury, damage, or loss which may be sustained as a result of, connected with or in any way associated with their use of the Gym.
· Members must take all necessary medical and professional advice to ensure their safety, to verify their fitness and to confirm their suitability for use of the Gym prior to membership and throughout the course of their membership.
· St. Mary’s will not take responsibility where a gym user sustains injury from incorrect use of equipment.
· Members are solely responsible for their own belongings – the club accept no responsibility for any loss or damage to personal property.
· No drunkenness, bad language or aggressive behaviour toward other club members is permitted on the premises. Membership may be terminated for violation of any rule or regulation of the Gym or by conduct deemed by the club executive to be detrimental to the welfare, good order or character of the club and its members.
· Appropriate behaviour is required at all times so as not to jeopardise your safety or the safety of others.
· You may not use the gym whilst under the influence of alcohol, narcotics, tranquilizers, or any medication or other substance which may affect your ability to exercise safely.
· If any Member has a concern regarding Health and Safety, they must report the issue to a club executive member immediately.
· Smoking, including e-cigarettes, is strictly prohibited in all areas of the Gym.
· Please do not start leaving your own personal gym equipment in the club gym; only club sanctioned equipment is to be stored in the gym – if you feel additional equipment are required please contact David Keane and the club will assess the need for further purchases. Extraneous items will be removed periodically; the club does not accept any responsibility for items disposed of during these clean-ups.
· St. Mary’s reserve the right to refuse access or revoke access rights.
While working out:
· Never drop or throw weights – if you can’t put it down nicely, don’t pick it up in the first place. Please respect the equipment.
· Be respectful of others working out near to you.
· Please wipe down benches after use. As a courtesy to other members, a small towel should be carried to wipe down equipment after use.
· Members must ensure they put weights back in their original place when finished.
· Don’t be a hero. Leave your ego at the door. Only lift what you can, when you can in line with your approved programme.
· It is essential that the correct attire is worn when exercising i.e. suitable, comfortable exercise clothing and footwear must be worn. Clothing such as jeans, boots, flip-flops/sandals or work wear are not permitted.
· Please refrain some social media whilst using the gym.
· Please do not take photographs/videos on the premises or post such items or remarks on the internet that may identify others.
· All other club rules relating to conduct extend to the use of the gym area.
· We strongly discourage lone use.
· If any incident happens please report it to a member of the Senior Executive immediately so that it can be noted in our ‘Incident Record’.
· Members fully and irrevocably indemnify, hold harmless and defend the Gym, to the extent permissible under applicable law, against any and all liabilities, claims, and causes of action resulting from injuries, damages or loss (including, but not limited to, costs which may be incurred in any legal action) sustained by members arising from their attendance at, and use of, the Gym.
The gym is exclusively for the use of paid club members. Under no circumstances can guests or non members be allowed to use the facilities. Please enter your details below to confirm you acknowledge the rules and will comply with them going forward.